The Fall fundraising season is upon us and our focus has been on writing grants, reviewing program data, preparing our FY 2018 annual report -- while also hosting our usual events and activities.
Highlights this month so far have been:
- the kick-off of our 2018-19 season of Jump Start with the Arts Family Fun Night Out! with a dynamic performance of The Uncle Devin Show
- two concerts with local band Tinsmith (Brooke Parkhurst, Henry Cross and Rowan Corbett) at the Chesapeake Center for adults with disabilities, and the Brookletts senior center on the Eastern Shore
- a high-energy contra dance with caller Andrea Nettleton and live music by the awesome Frog Hammer Band (See photo of Anne Spielberg and husband Tom Armstrong, a Carpe Diem volunteer, celebrating Tom's 70th (unbelievable) birthday at the dance... with candles and cake and "Happy Birthday" played by the band! NOTE: Let us know if you have a birthday coming up--and bring your friends to dance and celebrate with you. A ready-made party complete with entertainment!
- posting of our bi-weekly “Arts-to-You” e-calendar
- performances by Lea Morris, Duo Blanco y Negro de Cuba, Linda Harris Jazz Trio, and Liz Brinker & Sisters Uke at the Plum Gar Fall Festival in partnership with the Plum Gar Community Recreation Center
- attended one of the Maryland State Arts Council “We’re Listening” sessions
- started up two Ukes-on-the-Move classes at Washington Revels
- launched the fall series of community events at Genesis in collaboration with Mi Casa
We hope to see you at our Community Family Sing on Sunday, October 21.
Zadie & Michelle Mosher introducing the Uncle Devin Show at Jump Start Family Fun Night Out, El Golfo, October 4